Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy New Year!

Well here we are, January the 1st.  An opportunity to make resolutions (how long we keep them for is another matter!) and think about goals for the year.

We've been thinking about the Sweet Stampin' challenge blog & where it's going over the last few months.  The decision has been made to stop offering sponsored challenges & run them just for fun.

Over the last few years, we've lost several fabulous craft shops & companies.  Quality sponsors with wide ranging appeal have been more & more difficult to find.  We've found that people are not always claiming their prizes if it's a company that doesn't appeal to them.  It takes quite a bit of time to deal with the sponsor side of things & as a team we've decided it's no longer for us.

We massively appreciate the ongoing support & generous prizes from all our sponsors over recent years, we know it's a tough time for many craft companies & to have you supporting us means a lot.  Thank you.  I hope business goes well in 2017 & beyond.

Sweet Stampin' has been running for 7 years, a huge achievement in the world of blogs & one we are truly proud of.  We hope you will continue to support us & play along in our new format.  We'll still be having a Top 3 selection on Sundays as always, we know for many of you that a top 3 badge means a lot.

Please do leave us a comment & let us know what you think about the changes.  

Happy New Year to all you wonderful Sweet Stampers!

♥ Love from the Sweet Stampin' DT ♥

10 comments:

Marie Bingaman said...

I know I like to win prizes, but it also means a great deal more to know that other crafters have CHOSEN my work to be in a Top 3 selection. I appreciate that you are willing to keep the challenge up and running, even though changes needed to be made. Thank you! :)

Ginger said...

I think this will be great! Just to be recognized means the world to me!

Jane Willis said...

I think it's a great idea. Although we all love getting extra stash, I'm sure that's not what 99.9% of us enter challenges for - we want inspiration and the chance to share our work and see what other people are creating. And with crafters living all over the world, the admin involved in giving anything other than digis as prizes can be complicated.
Jane

Emily Shroom said...

For my part yes, it's the badge that I play for, always an honour to be picked by a DT in a top 3. Really appreciate all the work that goes into running a challenge blog so I am happy you have decided to continue running - here's to a great 2017 of new challenges!

Viv said...

Fully support you! The prizes are not what I enter challenges for - it's to share and also to gain inspiration from other clever crafters! Bring chosen as a DT favourite means more than any prize I think! Goos luck and hope to join in as often as I can (time permitting during the summer!) x

catherine said...

I think you have made a good choice for the blog. I know it must take a lot of time and commitment from all of you to continue the challenge and the taking part and inspiration is all I need from your blog. I am so glad you have decided to continue with your blog challenge and I am sure your followers will echo that too. Thank you for your commitment to keeping the challenge going and wishing all of you a Happy new Year
catherine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww, thanks you guys, that's really nice for the DT to read! We look forward to bringing you great 'Just For Fun' challenges this year. Thanks for sticking with us! Mwah xoxo

cm said...

Seeing the DT inspiration that, in turn, fuels the inspiration of others - including myself - is my motivation for playing! Glad you've decided to continue the challenge...an opportunity to stretch my creativity and "justify" my crafting purchases *grin*! Looking forward to joining the gallery!
~carol

An Occasional Genius said...

Thank you ladies for your positive & encouraging comments. It means a lot that you take the time to let us know what you think xx

Craftdee said...

I am with the other ladies... seeing DT inspiration, the privilege of sharing my work - and the pride I feel if my work gets recognized are what have me entering challenges; I am just glad that there ARE quality challenge blogs out there for me to play along with, I know how much work goes into running one, so thanks again for hosting, Donna