Saturday, 2 July 2011

Something unusual happening today...

Good Morning Sweet Stampers on this sunny Saturday morning. Before we get on to this week's challenge we would just like to say a huge thanks to everybody for their fantastic entries last week...we had a super duper amount so keep 'em coming!!

Today's challenge chosen by the lovely Jenny is to use something unusual, something that you would not normally use on a card....so get those thinking hats on and get crafting but the normal rules still apply, you must include something stamped and 2 entries per person but you combine your entry with as many others challenges as you like.

Our sponsor this week is Tiffany Doodles.....

Tiffany Doodles

Tiffany is offering the winner their choice of 5 of her fabulous digi stamps.

Unfortunately our guest designer for July couldn't start this week but she will be here next week with bells on!!   Also huge thanks to Lesley who gave us such beautiful inspiration for June.

Some inspiration from the Sweet Stampers.....


The flower is made out of party favor bags, and the little tab of paper with the sentiment stamped on it is actually the back side of a paper plate that I cut with my Nestabilities, then misted it with my Glimmer Mists to make it SPARKLY!!!


This is my card for the something unusual challenge, I've used simple cardboard, I've used dies to cut out a heart & corner (behind the flowers) put them through the ribbler, painted them with crackle paint and edged with distress inks.




I have made this card for the challenge something unusual ....
I have used sugar strands on the cupcake.



Jenny used a dressing from a large supply she has in her First Aid Cupboard. She used one to make a twisted flower.


I have used "Material" as my backing "paper", material bought for another project that did not involve paper crafting..


Anyway...here is my card for the next challenge..."Use something unusual"...I have used some plaster scrim from my hubby's plaster bag...don't tell him...hehehe..

Fiona

I used some first aid materials left over from Holly's recent mishap. I have used a sterile dressing and the flowers have been from absorbant lint.

Kobie

Has decorated a canvas...so pretty!!


♥ Love from the Sweet Stampin DT ♥





7 comments:

Tracey T said...

Well done Team Fi! Gorgeous DT cards and lovin' the unusual items you've used. Tracey xx

Sandra said...

Another great batch of cards from the DT:) Sandra H

craftingsue said...

What a great theme. The cards by the DT were beautiful and inspirational. I think this is the first time I have posted the first card. Hmm, I don't know if that is good or bad - does the random number generator like #1? Oh well, Hugs

Wendy said...

what a great challenge theme - i used sand on my card - not your usual embellishment - thanks for the challenge!

mueppi said...

Love the works by DT!
Hugs Gisela

mueppi said...

my unusual article: These maps form
Hugs Gisela

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful cards DT, great use of unusuals, lol! My unusual is a cigar wrapper! Thanks for a great challenge.